Monday, July 27, 2015

Ready. Set. Write! Update: Week 8


Had a family camping trip last week, hence the reason for my absence last week.

How I Did On My Goals:
Write: Got it done! I was able to revise another couple of chapters!
Read: I read Map To The Stars, a super cute contemporary.
Kids: We had a blast with our family during our trip. We did lots of river floats, some kayaking, went on bike rides. All in all a success!

My Goals For This Week:
So I have to change up my goals for the rest of RSW. I received an R&R from an agent on another project I had queried a while back but had put on the back burner. She gave me some great insights and I'm so excited to get to work on them! As far as the goals go for this week, they are as follows:

-Print out a hard copy of Fading, my R&R manuscript, and start revisions on the "big" issues.
- Try to read a book, if there's time.
- Have fun with the family in between all of it.

A Favorite Line From My Story/ A Phrase That Sums Up What I Wrote/ Revised:
DRAMA. Lots of drama.

The Biggest Challenge I Faced This (last) Week:
Time constraints were an issue. It was hard to get writing in while prepping for our family trip, but I somehow managed to get some revising done.

Something I Love About My WIP:
That the characters feel like real people, not just figments of my imagination.

Good luck this week!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck on the R&R! How exciting!
    And sounds like you had fun on your camping trip. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Congrats on the R&R, Prerna! That's awesome that you can take it off the back burner! Good luck with those revisions, and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, that's awesome news about the R&R! Definitely a good reason to shift your goals. I love what you said about your characters feeling like real people and not just figments of your imagination. I think that's the single biggest thing that connects me to what I'm writing, so I can relate. Good luck working on your R&R! I'm crossing my fingers that this is the start of something truly promising for your WIP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Drama -- I think that's a good thing when it comes to fiction. :-) MAP TO THE STARS sounds really fun; thanks for reminding me to add it to my list. Congrats on the R&R, and best of luck with it. Have a great week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the R&R, lady!!! That's super exciting and I know you can do it! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, congrats on the R&R!! Good luck working on those revisions. I'm glad the feedback has you pumped.

    Also, I'm impressed you got some revising done despite your family camping trip - which also sounds like it was fun. Very summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the R&R!!! Best of luck on the revisions - you can do it :) Glad you had a nice trip! I have been wanting to read Map to the Stars as well. It looks like a lot of fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay to family trips - it sounds like tons of fun. And congrats on the R+R! May those run smoothly and impress the socks of the agent ;)

    ReplyDelete